Join the team.
Why Greenwood Roche?
Our philosophy is to recruit the very best people and give them a supportive environment where they can be themselves, pursue their goals and maximise their talents. We look for team players with a commercial edge, people who are eager to test themselves and grow as they work with some of New Zealand’s best specialist lawyers.
If you are looking for an opportunity to undertake exciting work within a supportive and collegial culture we’d love to hear from you.
Please send an email at any time to email@example.com. All enquiries will be treated on a confidential basis.
If you are studying, or have recently finished your degree, please see our summer clerk and graduate recruitment page via the link at the top of this page.
What we offer
- A new approach to law: We are set up to operate as one team, not a series of teams. It may sound simple, but that approach drives a series of behaviours and outcomes which mean our firm offers a tangibly different experience for our staff.
- The best work: We have the privilege of regularly working on some of New Zealand’s most significant commercial property, development, infrastructure and energy projects, being delivered by government and blue chip corporate clients.
- The best people: Our specialists are recognised nationally for their depth of knowledge and experience in their particular fields.
- The best culture: We are proud of our work and our people, but our high performance culture is what stands us apart among the elite New Zealand firms. From the top down, the firm is structured to support our talented staff, facilitate teamwork and ensure that the right people are on the job.
- Remuneration and benefits: We operate at the top of our profession and recruit only the best people. Our remuneration packages and benefits are, accordingly, pitched at the top of the New Zealand market. We do not believe that our people should sacrifice salary for culture – they can have both.
- Flexibility and trust: Our unique structure means being a part of the team at Greenwood Roche is, above all, a tailored experience. We do not ask staff to conform to a cookie-cutter career path or inefficient processes. We develop career plans to suit individuals and facilitate their changing circumstances and goals. We embrace flexible working and trust our staff to deliver.
- Career path: We have a strong record of promotion from within and staff can look forward to career options that support each individual’s aspirations.
- International connections: Most members of our senior team have worked for large national and international law firms, including in the UK and Australia. That experience and those connections are invaluable in helping facilitate local projects, secure engagement in cross-border transactions and also in securing positions overseas for our young lawyers.
- National outlook: With three locations and clients undertaking significant projects across New Zealand, our staff will have the opportunity to travel and even relocate during their careers at Greenwood Roche.